Local SEO is a form of web advertising, and it is entirely different from the traditional form of advertising. The purpose of local SEO is global while traditional advertising is meant to address needs of the particular region or local clan of customers.
Local SEO is designed to get the business or product ranked on the higher echelons on the right-hand side of the search results through the Google AdWords campaigns or YSM in yahoo. The text ads of the advertisers on the right-hand side are the sponsored ads for which the Google charges per click basis.
Traditional marketing advertisement get to the masses via expensive electronic media. Furthermore, creating the very ad campaign for traditional advertising is also quite expensive. It is this expensive nature of traditional media over the local SEO that makes small and medium-sized business entities fall directly for the cost-effective local SEO strategies.
Here are some Local SEO Tips for 2018
1. Capture Your Space on All Local Business Directories
80% consumers rely on online searches for choosing local businesses! However, not many local businesses claim their local business listings. Those that do, yet, have a lot to gain. Before the local SEO search space becomes saturated, make sure that you get the early mover advantage. Here’s what you need to do:
- List your local business on top local business directories; Yelp, City search, and Merchant Circle are distinct starting points.
- Make your business profiles as complete as possible.
- Use this HubSpot list of high-value business directories (50 of them) and start creating your business pages on these, five a day.
- Check your local newspapers and Chamber of Commerce
- Make sure your business’ NAP (name, address, and phone) is consistent, and list it on aggregator networks
2. Leverage the Power of Local Link Building
This is one of the best secrets of local SEO that only the most seasoned local SEO experts are good at. Link building for local SEO is different from general link building because you get a lot of value from local links even if the niche of the backlink source site is not linked to your business.
Because in local business, relationships hold a key position, this reflects in Google’s search algorithm for local SEO. Getting local backlinks requires you to get off the cushioned seat and take your marketing to the ground. Here are some suggestions:
- Look for local sponsorship opportunities
- Organize a donation drive
- Get involved in local community events and then their websites
- Look for creative, low-cost advertisements on local classifieds
3. Focus on Reviews and Ratings
A recent survey done to gauge Internet users’ behaviors in the context of reviews and ratings of local businesses revealed that 70% users are willing to leave reviews and ratings if asked to and 84% people trust online reviews and ratings before making purchase decisions.
To leverage the power of rating and reviews, Focus on getting reviews on your Google My Business page, and Facebook business page, use a social media listening tool to be alerted whenever your brand is mentioned online, and use these opportunities to request users to leave reviews, Use schema markup to showcase your reviews and ratings in search results.
4. Use Local Structured Data Markup
Less than one-third websites use structured data accurately, in spite of several indications from Google that it likes sites that do so. Google offers useful tools to help you start using structured data, whether it’s Structured Data Testing Tool to check the correctness of markup or Data Highlighter that helps with markup content using a mouse instead of coding.
SocioSquares, a US based premier SEO company in Philadelphia focused on helping brands and products leverage the power of Online Marketing by building cutting edge products and exceptional SEO services in Houston. We are one of the pioneers in Social Media Marketing, Search Engine Optimization and Online Advertising. We ideate, innovate and execute to create a cult for brands & products, ultimately resulting in unmatchable R.O.I.